Freitag, 13. April 2012

Introduction & Turnip, Carrot Salad

Hi everyone :)
I'm Rebecca, 23 and from Switzerland. I love to cook and bake. Or better, I love to cook and I bake passionately. I started baking when I was about 16 years old but it was not until I moved out at home 2 years ago that I started to cook and bake as much as I do it now.
Because I also love to photograph I'm thinking about opening a foodblog for a while now and now I did it with Radishes are red. Why the name? Cause I love radishes and cause I'm terribly uncreative finding names for blogs.

The first recipe is one of my current favorite salads. It's adapted from a Swiss cookbook.
I love to make it for lunch, cause both, my boyfriend and I can take it with us to work and we have a healthy, delicious lunch :) But it's also goes along well with Dinner.
I hope you like it.



Turnip & Carrot Salad
makes 4 dishes

240g Turnips
240g Carrots
1 tsp mustard
4 tsp cider vinegar
6 tsp rapeseed oil
500ml or less apple juice (clear)
Salt, Pepper
1/2 bunch fresh peppermint


Start with chopping the turnips in half. Put them together with carrots in your steamer for about 30 minutes. If you don't have a steamer you can also just cook them in water or steam them over hot water. Let the vegetables cool. In the meantime prepare the dressing. Mix together mustard, vinegar, oil and apple juice and season it with salt and pepper.

Grate the vegetables with a vegetable grater and mix it with the dressing.  Chop the peppermint and sprinkle it over the salad and you're done.

Tip: Let the salad rest a little bit before serving. 






1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello, I just started a blog. I wonder if you have time to go and become a member if it pleases you.

    AntwortenLöschen